Lirhanzo Children’s Village (LCV) and AFADU have been partners since 2004. We are proud of how the village has grown.
LCV is not just be a safe haven for children who have lost their families, but extends to support a whole community by promoting the wellbeing and education of children residents and day students.
They say it takes a village to raise a child – LCV was purpose built to be that village. It brings together residential facilities, primary school education, farming and local grass root businesses to create an environment where children can thrive.
Providing a good quality pathway to education and a job is the best way investment in the future of the LCV girls and boys. AFADU’s education and wellbeing program supports around 50 young people in all they need to build a path to bright future.
LCV operates on the highest standards of child protection and welfare. LCV complies with the Zimbabwean Department of Social Services standards and is regularly audited by the Department to ensure these standards are maintained. Restoration to families occurs wherever possible.
LCV’s local community board provides oversight and governance. The LCV Director and Child Care Manager are responsible for the daily operations of LCV.
LCV is highly transparent and accountable – providing regular reports to AFADU on the impact of AFADU’s investment, the progress of the children and funding reconciliation.
AFADU’s support extends to:
• Wages for our wonderful guardian staff who care for the LCV resident children
• Monthly expenses – including food, education and medical care
• Vehicles for our child Care Manager and LCV support staff
• Shadecloth, farm irrigation equipment, farm staff and animals to produce fresh food for the LCV residents
• Maintaining LCV and its surrounds – giving the children a safe and happy home
• Painting of all LCV buildings to meet Zimbabwean government Social Service standards
• Expanding the facilities to allow LCV to meet Zimbabwe’s Department of Social Services standards
• Water bores and water pumps to protect LCV from the regular drought
Help an LCV child thrive – sign up to support today!
Our yearly support of over $75,000 AUD goes a long way in keeping LCV running – but it is only sustainable with your ongoing commitment.
For $480 per year (or $40 a month) you can ensure that the educational and daily needs of a child at LCV are met. Educational sponsorship includes all school requirements such as fees, excursions, uniforms and text books.
AFADU reports each year on your child and will provide and annual report as well as a letter/photo from your child.